Efficiently Store Your Items and Save Money
Below is a list of our Yelm Boat & R.V. Storage Tips, read over them and you‘ll be a storage expert! If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of our friendly storage managers in Yelm.
Seasonal Storage Tips!
- Removing the battery will keep it lasting the longest. Harsh weather can be detrimental to battery life, along with sitting for too long.
- Inflate your tires, a great way to prevent flat spots is by keeping your vehicle on jacks when stored.
- A proper cover will keep any outdoor weather off while parked in storage.
- Get an Oil Change and Top Off Fluids to protect the engine. Over time, the oil in your vehicle starts to collect contaminants such as water and acids. Coolant helps ensure that the water in your vehicle doesn’t get too hot or too cold. Fill your coolant reservoir before storing your RV or boat for the winter to prevent damage to your systems. Change your oil at the end of the season before moving into storage. This will be one less chore to take care of when removing your RV or boat from storage next spring or summer.
- Inflate your tires.This can prevent flat spots from happening. Tires should be at the maximum psi.
Tenants can reduce their chances of becoming a victim of property crime. Here are some tips to protect yourself from being a victim theft:
- Do not share your gate code.
- Check on your property monthly or at very least, once every three (3) months.
- DO NOT TAILGATE when entering or exiting the facility. Report ANYONE you see tailgating. Please wait for the gate to close behind you, prior to proceeding to your rented space to help eliminate anyone trying to tailgate. This will help with anyone trying to gain access to the property that doesn’t belong.
- Report any suspicious behavior.
- Make sure everything is locked up and to not leave any unsecured items out. Make sure any loose items are taken off site including quick grab items like batteries or propane tanks.
- Detour potential trespassers and park 3ft away from the fence line.
- Etch your license plate number or VIN number onto your catalytic converter. This makes the part identifiable to law enforcement. The idea is that a thief who sees the etching moves on to an easier target.
- Purchase the CatClamp®. CatClamp® was invented to prevent thieves from stealing your catalytic converter. Its cable cage design surrounds the catalytic converter with aircraft-grade wire rope that is very difficult to cut, even with power tools. The same wire rope locks the converter to the chassis of the vehicle up to seven times, creating too much work for a thief in a hurry. The CatClamp® attaches to the exhaust pipes, not the converter, allowing all size and shape converters to be protected.
Ways to SAVE
Show your military ID and get 10% off!
- Senior Discount 10% off!
- Refer a friend or family and receive $20 credit off your rent when they move
We strive to provide a clean and secured facility. We kindly ask, that you assist us in keeping our facility clean and tidy. You can do your part by disposing all trash off site, not leaving any debris in your assigned space, make sure stairs are tucked in on RV’S and ensure covers are securely fastened over belongings.
To remain compliant with your lease agreement, it is important that we have your current insurance on file. When your policy renews, we do need the updated proof of insurance on file. We also need the current registration this will need to be updated annually. We also require photos of what you are storing. Once you have renewed your insurance and registration, and have your photos, please email the office so we can update your file. These can all be sent to the office via email to: email@example.com
Tell Us How We’re Doing
We do everything we can to provide the best experience around. We always like to hear how your experience was, and what you love about us. Take a moment to leave a Google review, and we will say thank you by taking $10 off your next month’s rent.
Follow the link here: https://g.page/r/Cam2Njn4P1eZEAg/review